These T&C & Privacy FAQs are intended to help you understand more about how TestMate uses information collected through Usability Testing and the Platform. The Privacy FAQs are incorporated by reference into the TestMate Tester Agreement. Any undefined term in these Privacy FAQs has the same meaning as defined in the Agreement.
1. WHAT INFORMATION DOES TESTMATE COLLECT?
When you sign up with TestMate.com.au to become a tester or when you fill out questionnaires related to Usability Testing, you will be asked to provide information about yourself, which may include:
- Personally identifiable information (“PII”) such as name, email address or other contact information, and PayPal account information.
- Demographic information such as your age, gender, education, employment status, and hobbies.
- Other information that may be requested to facilitate Usability Testing.
Collectively, we refer to this information as “Tester Information.” In order for TestMate to provide clients with accurate and quality testing results and for us to contact and compensate you in connection with Usability Testing, it is important that the Tester Information you provide is authentic, accurate, complete, and kept up to date. Incomplete, inaccurate, or out-dated Tester Information may make you ineligible to participate in any of our projects. By registering as a Tester and participating in Usability Testing, you agree to the collection and use of such PII and Tester Information.
Usability Test Recordings
When you participate in a Usability Test, TestMate may capture audio recordings of your voice, screen recordings of your actions on the device on which you perform the tests and audio recordings of any other sounds that are captured by your device microphone during a Usability Test. In the event that any other person’s likeness or voice is recorded during a Usability Test, you are responsible for making sure that person consents to sharing that recording with TestMate and its clients. Please contact us at email@example.com if you have questions or concerns about a specific Usability Test Recording.
Information you provide in your study responses
All information, including any personal information, disclosed during a Usability Test is completely voluntary. You may choose not to provide an answer at any point during the Usability Test and cancel the test. However, this will result in a failure to complete the Usability Test, which may make you ineligible to be paid for your participation.
Information from cookies, page tags, and similar technology. We use third party tracking services that employ cookies, page tags (also known as web beacons), and similar technology to collect aggregated and anonymized data about visitors to our site. This data includes usage information and user statistics.
2. HOW DOES TESTMATE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
We perform Usability Testing for our clients. When you take a Usability Test, your Testing Results may be shared with and/or managed by the client who commissioned that Usability Test. We treat your Testing Results as private to that client. This information is generally used by the client to improve their websites and mobile applications.
Internal and service-related usage. We use information, including PII, for internal and service related purposes. Such purposes may include:
- Communications. We occasionally send you communications of a transactional nature (e.g. service-related announcements, billing-related matters, changes to our services or policies, a welcome email when you first register). You can’t opt out of these communications since they are required to provide our Platform and for you to participate as a Tester.
- Marketing (if you opt in). We will only do this periodically and you may opt out at any time by contacting customer support.
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
- We may use aggregate or de-identified data for any purpose.
- The PayPal account details will be used exclusively to release payments. All payments are done through PayPal’s platform
3. WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE OR DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION?
We do not rent, sell, or share your PII with other people or non-affiliated companies for their direct marketing purposes, unless we have your permission.
With our clients. TestMate does not share your PII with clients except to the extent that such PII is included in Testing Results that you provide to a client, and as otherwise described in the Agreement or these FAQs. Your Testing Results are shared with the applicable clients, so please do not reveal any information during a Usability Test that you do not want shared.
With our vendors and service providers. We may share any information we receive with vendors and service providers retained in connection with provision of the TestMate Platform.
Merger, sale, or other asset transfers. If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, sale of company assets, or transition of service to another provider, your information may be sold or transferred as part of such a transaction as permitted by law and/or contract. We cannot control how such entities may use or disclose such information.
As required by law and similar disclosures. We may disclose any information we collect if we believe in good faith that doing so is required or appropriate: (i) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (ii) to comply with legal process; (iii) to respond to requests from public and government authorities; (iv) to enforce this Agreement; and (v) to protect the rights, privacy, safety, operations, or property of TestMate, our clients, you, or others.
4. SECURITY, COOKIES AND OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Security. TestMate takes steps to keep the information stored in our system protected from unauthorized access. We store your information in a secure data center located in Australia. We also use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology that protects the data you send over the Internet. Unfortunately, no system or network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you provide to us. We do not accept liability for unintentional disclosure.
To make our site easier to use. If you do not log out when you leave our Platform, we may store your username in a cookie to make it quicker for you to login whenever you return.
Safety of children. Our services are not intended for and may not be used by those under the age of 16. TestMate does not knowingly collect personal data from minors under 16 or allow them to register. If it comes to our attention that we have collected personal data from a minor under 16, we may delete this information without notice. If you have reason to believe that this has occurred, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. RIGHT TO ACCESS, CHANGE OR DELETE PERSONAL DATA
Right to Access. Individual Testers and Customers have the right to know what Personal Data about them is included in the databases and to ensure that such Personal Data is accurate and relevant for the purposes for which TestMate collected it. Individual Testers and Customers may review their own Personal Data stored in the databases and correct, erase, or block any data that is incorrect, as permitted by applicable law and TestMate policies. Upon reasonable request and as required by the law, TestMate allows access to their Personal Data, in order to correct or amend such data where inaccurate. Individual Tester and Customers may edit their Personal Data by by contacting TestMate by phone or email. In making modifications to their Personal Data, Data Subjects must provide only truthful, complete, and accurate information. To request erasure of Personal Data, individual Testers Customers should submit a written request to TestMate.
Request for Personal Data. TestMate will track each of the following and will provide notice to the appropriate parties under law and contract when either of the following circumstances arise: (a) legally binding request for disclosure of the Personal Data by a law enforcement authority unless prohibited by law or regulation; or (b) requests received from the Data Subject. If TestMate receives a request for access to his/her Personal Data from an Individual Customer, then, unless otherwise required under law or by contract with such Individual Customer, TestMate will refer such Data Subject to the Individual Customer.
Satisfying Requests for Access, Modifications and Corrections. TestMate will endeavor to respond in a timely manner to all reasonable written requests to view, modify, or inactivate Personal Data.
By registering as a Tester, you expressly consent to the following:
- You consent to the collection, use, disclosure and processing of your personal data in the manner described in our Agreement and these FAQs, including our procedures relating to cookies, IP addresses and log files.
- Our servers are based in Australia, so your personal data will be primarily processed by us in Australia. You consent to the transfer and processing of your personal data in Australia
- You consent and agree that we may transfer your data to data processors located in other countries which do not have data protection laws that provide the same level of protection that exists in Australia. Your consent is voluntary, and you may revoke your consent by opting out at any time. Please note that if you opt-out, you may no longer participate as a Tester.
You have the right to access and correct or request the removal of any of your Personal Data. You can exercise your rights regarding your Personal Data by contacting TestMate at:
Email address: email@example.com
337 Moray Street, South Melbourne 3205, Australia
We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe.If you have any questions about privacy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org